Terms and Conditions
Formation of the contract
- These terms of sale apply to all goods supplied by William & Son Ltd, trading as William & Son, registered in England and Wales No 3577933 (“we”, “us”, “our” or “William & Son”).
- If you have any questions regarding us, our goods or an order that you have placed, please email email@example.com or phone +44 (0)20 7493 8385.
- No contract exists between you and William & Son for the sale of any goods until we have received and accepted your order and we send you confirmation in writing by email to the email address you have given. Once we have done so, there is a binding legal contract between us.
- We may change these terms of sale without notice to you in relation to future sales.
Description and price of the goods
- Any goods which are non-bespoke or non-personalised are subject to availability. If the goods you have ordered are not available in stock within 60 days from the date of receipt of your order, we will inform you as soon as possible.
- In addition to the price, you will be required to pay a delivery charge for the goods.
- All prices are inclusive of 20% VAT but exclude delivery costs, for which we, or our nominated delivery company, will provide you with a quote, and will be added to the total amount. VAT will be refunded on orders delivered to outside of the European Union.
- All payments must be made by electronic bank transfer to our account, and you will be responsible for any charges involved in the transaction. If your bank fails to transfer any sums due, your order will not be accepted and we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
- We accept VISA, Mastercard, Switch, Maestro and American Express [AMEX]. All orders will be charged in GBP pounds sterling. To securely receive your payments over the internet we use Sagepay technology which provide secure online credit card and debit card solutions. Sagepay has achieved the highest level of compliance under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard [PCI]. They adhere to the most stringent levels of fraud screening, ensuring that our customer details remain secure throughout the transaction process.
- The goods you order will be delivered to the UK address you give when you place your order. We will only ship goods to UK registered billing address and regrettably we are currently unable to ship to territories outside of the UK [Mainland and Isles]. Delivery to UK addresses are made by Royal Mail Special Delivery or TNT Courier service, and are charged at :
Royal Mail Special Delivery £10.00
Courier Service £20.00
- If there is no one at the address given who is competent to accept delivery of the goods, you will be notified of an alternative delivery date or a place to collect the goods.
- You will become the owner of the goods you ordered once we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the goods, including delivery charges. You will be responsible for risk of loss of or damage to the goods from the time of delivery.
- All orders must be signed for at point of delivery. If your order is returned because no signature was obtained or for any reason such as postal strikes, you will be responsible for all return and re-delivery charges. If someone unauthorised signs for your purchase at the address you have given us, it will not be the responsibility of William & Son.
- Delivery time is subject to product availability and clearance of your payment.
- We are fully insured to despatch goods to the value of £5,000 per consignment. Orders where goods exceed this amount will be split in to multiple packages. Where there are multiple packages a shipping charge will be applied to each individual package.
- Please note that any duties and taxes incurred in the country of destination are the responsibility of the client.
Guarantee and Returns
- We take pride in the quality of our products, and our policy is to ensure that all products supplied are delivered in perfect condition.
- Every effort is made to assure accurate impression of our products through the William & Son website. However, some images may not be to scale and the colours shown may vary depending on the individual computers and monitors and their settings. William & Son reserve the right to change product specifications and prices at any time.
- We regret we are unable to offer refunds, and nor are you able to cancel your contract, for any goods ordered from us which are bespoke, personalised or engraved.
- If you wish to return goods please adhere the following Returns Policy:
5.4.1 Once you inform us of the return (in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 calendar days from the date you received your goods), please pack the relevant item securely and return it to us, along with proof of purchase via Royal Mail Special Delivery or Courier within 14 calendar days of the invoice date to: William & Son Returns, 34-36 Bruton Street, London, W1J 6QX;
5.4.2 Please retain proof of postage as we cannot be held responsible for parcels lost in transit;
5.4.3 All items must be returned in an unused [saleable] condition, in their original packaging, with proof of purchase. We cannot be held responsible for any items returned to us in any other way;
5.4.4 Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of returning the goods to us.
- If all of the above conditions have been met, then we will refund the price of the items within 28 days of your order to the same card used to pay for your purchase. There will be no refunds for delivery charges.
- If your goods are faulty or incorrect, you must let us know in writing by email to email@example.com. Only in the case of faulty or incorrect goods will we be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us.
Order Availability and Cancellation
- As we process your order, we will inform you by email if any items you order are unavailable.
- If you realise you have made a mistake and want to cancel your order, please contact us as soon as possible on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)20 7493 8385. If we have already processed your order, it may not be possible to cancel so please adhere the Returns Policy (5.4).
- We reserve the right to cancel the contract between you and us if: a] we have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered; or b] we do not deliver to your area/territory; or c] one or more of the items you have ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
- If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by email and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible, within 28 days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
- If you need assistance for any reason, please email email@example.com or call +44(0)20 7493 8385 between Monday to Friday 09:00 – 18:00 (GMT).
- We will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but unless we are negligent, we will not be liable for unauthorised access to information supplied by you.
- We will use the information you provide about yourself for the purpose of fulfilling your order. You can correct any personal details, or ask for your personal details to be deleted, by giving written notice to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UNFORSEEN EVENTS
In the event of the normal course of manufacture of the goods or performance being prevented, interrupted, hindered or delayed by any cause whatsoever beyond our control, we shall have the option without incurring liability to you, to defer the date of delivery.
We shall be entitled to sub-contract the supply of goods and the performance of any services in relation to your goods.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All worldwide intellectual property including any copyright, registered or unregistered design rights in and relating to the goods including any blueprints, designs, drawings, illustrations, specifications and instructions prepared by us in connection with the order shall vest in us unless set out by express agreement in writing.
- APPLICABLE LAW
These terms of sale and the supply of the goods will be subject to English law, and the English courts will have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from the contract.